16/07/2010

Via Germany to Öland


1237 km German roads behind and now in Roge Denmark. I must follow the words of Seppo Räty and say: "Germany is a ...long country having super motorways." However, after several cups of coffee, I arrived from Putgarden to Rödby Denmark. The boat costs 49euros for a bike and driver. In the boat, I noticed that the "beer rally" between Finland and Estonia is nothing compared with the import from Germany to Denmark. Our monopoly company Alko makes the problem bigger only to support it's own monopoly position in the market!! Do not believe Finnish authorities and Alko Oy tell about our problems.

From booze back to travelling, firstly, I thought to spend couple of days in Denmark but spent only a night in Röge Camping by the see. Röge has a very old city center with nice looking old buildings. I can recommend you to go there and have a cop of coffee with Italian icecream.

In the morning, I woke up 11am and decided to continue my trip directly to Öland. Öland is famous about the luxurious and elegant traditional birthdays of Swedish Queen Victoria. This year, the birthday will be again but without the coming Queen and her husband. Her little sister (the better looking one) will be the host. They told me that Victoria is having her honeymoon with her husband ;-).



Öland has two sides: the sandy part like a desert and the green part of the island. I got hints to drive to the green part, i.e. to the north part of the island. I drove to Borgholm. The village is close to the Castle Solliden which is Victoria's place. I noticed that Öland really is an ecoisland. They have hundreds and hundreds of windmills and they even live in those windmills!






In the Island, you can find number of very good camping areas by the see close to the Village and all over the Island. But I found a B&B place. I noticed three bikes in the garden and a sign "Rum med Frystyk" (300Skr). In the evening, I also found a hostel. They had a Jazz band playing...hhmmm...jazz in the Garden. In Swedish way, children played football and their parents enjoyed elegantly wine listening music.

Finally, in Finland Valpperi with my biker friends Laura and Riku. The journey goes next to Lappland, Pello. There will be organized a big "also for the selected bikers' meeting" in the end of July. Let's see what will happen there???








No comments:

Post a Comment